JPMorgan Chase: You Need a Spinnaker
Nov 1, 2019 by DROdio
JPMorgan Chase recently joined the CD Foundation. AJ Lang, the Chief Technical Officer of JPMC shared:
“Increasing the velocity of our software delivery lifecycle is what enables development teams to iterate faster and, in turn, increase our output of innovative products and services for our customers and clients.”
He went on to specifically describe the role of Spinnaker in JPMC’s focus on innovation: “Open source toolchain projects like Spinnaker and Jenkins are helping us achieve these efficiencies and have become increasingly relevant as we adopt modern development practices and execute our multi-cloud strategy. Our firm recognizes the power of open source and we look forward to collaborating closely with the CDF and influencing this community for the years to come.”
At Pivotal’s recent SpringOne Platform conference, Richard Francois, a VP at JPMorgan Chase, gave an excellent and detailed talk titled
The Reality of Managing Microservice Deployments at Scale: You Need a Spinnaker.
Highlights on how JPMC is using Spinnaker to:
- Help drive cultural shifts to enable efficiency within technology teams
- Drive efficiency within development teams
- Deploy up to 10,000 times per day to private and public cloud targets
- Turn services on more quickly for developers on cloud targets including Pivotal, AWS, Google and Microsoft
- Using Spinnaker to move beyond Jenkins and “AIM” (an in-house, custom-built deployment automation and config management tool) with advanced deployment strategies
- Implement an “engine” to handle up to 25,000 deployments per day with quality at scale, resiliency and advanced deployment strategies.
Richard and Olga from Pivotal also gave a great Spinnaker demo showing how JPMC is using Spinnaker.
We hope you enjoy learning how JPMorgan Chase, a Fortune 20 bank, is leveraging Spinnaker to innovate!