Introducing Armory Cloud: A Simple Way to Access the Power of Enterprise Spinnaker
I just interviewed Chris Tan, a Senior Product Manager at Armory, about the Cloud offering he is bringing to market.
Armory has been helping the world’s largest and most progressive companies use our enterprise distribution of Spinnaker to ship software with more safety and velocity. Historically, Armory has been installed in our customers’ cloud accounts, but since we started Armory, we’ve envisioned a cloud offering. This is exactly what Chris and team are building.
Chris is looking for design partners who would like to help shape our Cloud offering. If you’d like to connect with him, please email [email protected]
In this video, we discuss:
- What enterprises are asking for in the Continuous Development space: Historically, large enterprises have not been ready to consume SaaS. We discuss how that has changed in the past few years.
- How we help our customers achieve both safety and velocity in their complex software delivery processes across enterprise environments that span tens of thousands of developers, including ultra scale deployments to thousands of distributed Kubernetes clusters running in stores globally.
- How Armory has codified our best practices in our Managed Services offering, which offers white-glove support, and what we are now doing to bring that to our Cloud offering
- Details on how Armory Cloud was born as an evolution of the Managed Services to support the most common use cases for customers
- Armory has traditionally focused on optimizing the “Day 2” experience. Now with our Cloud offering, we can also help optimize for “Day 1” as well.
- People are willing to learn how to use Spinnaker because of the value it brings even though it took time to learn and get familiar with
- Armory Cloud’s major focus is to solve for the Day 1 experience
- Going from days to do your first deployment to minutes
- Eliminate the operational overhead of maintaining Spinnaker environments (e.g. responding to PagerDuty, dealing with upgrades, etc.)
- Core Focus: Stability enables speed
- How enterprises’ legacy tooling breaks down when transitioning between data centers to cloud
- A few ways Armory Cloud will differ from other offerings
- Unlocking data that’s silo’d inside of homegrown tools
- Leveraging OSS Community’s contributions via extensions