Safe and Secure Public Cloud and Kubernetes Migrations
Automate your deployments to multiple clouds and cloud services, and manage automatic environment promotion across multiple clusters with ease. Ensure minimal to no downtime during your public cloud and Kubernetes migrations so your customers continue to have a great experience, while you also manage and cut your costs.
What is a Public Cloud and Kubernetes Migration?
The Cloud refers to a network of servers connected to the Internet performing a service. Popular clouds are Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. Kubernetes is a portable, extensible, open source platform for managing containerized workloads and services. Migrations refer to the shifting of data or software from one system to another. In this case, we are referring to shifting data and software from legacy compute and infrastructure, including on-premise data centers, to perform public cloud and Kubernetes migrations.
IT Leaders cited existing legacy infrastructure remains the largest cost barrier to innovation (71%) followed by high cost of developer talent (16%).
Public cloud migrations involve moving data, applications, and other business services into a cloud computing environment such as AWS, Google, and Azure; all from your own cloud. It is a delicate process that requires you and your team’s full attention and planning. Planning will determine if you can budget downtime or not; and exactly what your strategy is going to be (e.g.: lift and shift, split or route traffic, create new and decommission old, etc.). You need a foolproof process and platform that enables you to shift the workloads, or build out new work loads. If you’re employing a multi-cloud environment strategy the last thing you want is multiple tools to manage your deployments.
Attempting Kubernetes migrations and deploying your applications to new k8s targets can take hours, involve multiple people, and have downtime. As your Kubernetes adoption grows, so does the latency, and complexity of managing the growing number of accounts, configurations, and credentials. It can be a logistical nightmare, not to mention the computing resources you can burn through.
Armory provides a cloud agnostic Continuous Deployment platform that lets you deploy as many applications and services as you need, all to multiple targets and environments in multiple clouds, in a reliable, safe and secure manner. Armory’s purpose-built Kubernetes deployment experience allows you to securely and dynamically manage all your Kubernetes migrations with ease, while keeping compute resources to a minimum. Manage your public cloud migrations and your kubernetes migrations within a single view with Armory’s Continuous Deployment platform.
Armory empowers Earnin to manage their growth and helped migrate 45+ microservices and two monolithic applications to AWS in only three months.
How It Works
Armory provides templates and capabilities to deploy at any scale to:
- Kubernetes in your cloud or popular cloud services (EKS, AKS, GKE)
- AWS EC2
- AWS Lambda
- AWS ECS
- Google App Engine
- Microsoft Azure VMs
Armory provides a lightweight agent with real-time direct interaction to all your Kubernetes clusters
- The distributed, optimized caching model eliminates latency issues
- The decentralized and dynamic account management enhances security and empowers individual teams to manage permissions for their specific clusters
Armory also provides a declarative experience to simplify Kubernetes migrations, enabling you to store your deployment configuration in your Git repo right there with your application code
- Structure Git repositories in whatever way makes the most sense to you. You can trigger Armory easily from wherever you are doing things today – any CI tool, like Github Actions.
- Deploy any kubernetes object type.
- Define how each environment relates to one another in the deployment manifest.
- Define constraints you want satisfied before deployment can proceed to next steps.
- Use different deployment strategies for different environments.
Eliminate complex process rebuilds when transitioning to diverse cloud deployment targets — freeing development and SRE resources and accelerating your time-to-market. Scale deployments to endless Kubernetes clusters with minimal latency and accelerated deployment execution times. Improve usability, enable account management at the team level and gain the ability to add new accounts on the fly without downtime.
Who it Benefits
- Platform Ops – Free massive DevOps resources to focus on your competitive advantage and accelerate your time-to-market.
- Application Devs – No need to learn a new tool, maintain consistency and views across all your deployments to multiple clouds.
- InfoSec – Maintain policy compliance and enforcement of security processes to simplify operations, accelerate your time-to-market, and decrease deployment risks; all while remaining compliant.
- Executives – Assure your customers’ experience while managing and cutting your cost.
- Keep your software deployments dynamic and flexible
- Migrating from cloud to cloud can be costly and take a large amount of time
- With Armory, you can automate your deployments to multiple clouds and ensure minimal to no downtime so your customers continue to have a great experience, while you also cut costs
- Securely and dynamically manage all your Kubernetes deployments with ease, at any scale.
- Adding new K8s targets can cause downtime, and latency can increase
- With Armory, you can secure, simplify, and scale your Kubernetes deployments enabling your developers to self-serve their onboarding
How do I migrate my application to Kubernetes?
Can you migrate containers?
Commit. Deploy. Repeat.
Continuous Deployment at any scale, for all developers.