Integrate ServiceNow with Armory Spinnaker
Questions about Integrations?
ServiceNow provides service management software as a service. It specializes in IT services management (ITSM), IT operations management (ITOM) and IT business management (ITBM). This integration allows bi-directional functionality between Spinnaker and ServiceNow. Use the integration to trigger Spinnaker events from ServiceNow and forward Spinnaker pipeline events to ServiceNow.
How the Integration Works:
- Create application and full CI/CD pipeline in Spinnaker based on ServiceNow ticket
- ServiceNow ticket triggers and holds Spinnaker pipeline with link to the change ticket
- Approval event in ServiceNow moves Spinnaker pipeline forward
- Spinnaker stage deployment event updates ServiceNow ticket
- Rollback triggered in ServiceNow triggers Spinnaker pipeline rollback
Simplify Engineer On-boarding
In organizations where Engineer on-boarding is managed through ServiceNow, this integration can help automating bootstrapping of a full CI/CD pipeline in Spinnaker as a part of the on-boarding workflow. This reduces the time it takes for the Engineer to start delivering business value.
Automate Change Management
Change management is typically a manual process requiring a series of in-person meetings and context switching between ServiceNow and continuous delivery platforms like Spinnaker. This integration enables a seamless workflow reducing the wait time.
This feature currently exists as an Armory experiment in the form of a Run Job or webhook stage. Our Professional Services Team is happy to help customers implement the solution.
If you're interested in a native integration, contact us! We'd love to hear your feedback and use case.