In this Dev Day workshop, you will gain an understanding of what it takes to reliably deploy software at scale. You will not only learn about best practices from the team at Armory, you will get hands-on experience deploying a sample application, configuring your first pipeline, and orchestrating a blue/green deployment or understanding OPA pipelines.
We do not currently have any events scheduled, but please check back, we will be adding more soon. If you are interested in a particular topic, please let Thomas know.
You will learn some of the following topics:
Note: agendas vary by individual session.
- The importance, complexity and best practices of achieving reliable deployments at scale
- How to use Armory Enterprise to deploy a sample EKS application to your AWS environment
- How to use Armory Enterprise to deploy in a DevSecOps pipeline
- How to use Open Policy Agent (OPA) to achieve compliance in your organization
- The blue/green deployment strategy and its use cases
- A baseline understanding of how CI and CD work to enable reliable deployments and how to think about them for your organization
WHO THE WORKSHOP IS FOR:
DevOps practitioners and everyone interested in operational improvements of your development teams
- Introduction and overview of Armory and reliable deployments
- Overview of hands on lab modules and pre-configured installation
- Work with Armory and AWS teams on your hands-on skills. Create your first pipeline.
- Understand and orchestrate a blue/green deployment or Understand an OPA pipeline
Here are recordings from two of our previous sessions that you can watch:
CD Practices with Armory Enterprise