We Listened: New Terraform UI, introducing AWS Quickstart, and other top Armory news This Week
Jan 28, 2020 by Akshay Dayal
Check out these links for a deeper dive:
- Updates on Plugin Framework
- UI for Terraform Integration
- Spinnaker AWS Deployments as easy as 1-2-3
- 2.17.4 Release
Below please find details on features we are building.
We’re working on several exciting projects, we like to be transparent and share updates so you can see what’s coming up!
- Plugin Framework: Work is continuing with the community to add a new plugin framework in Spinnaker. This will allow us and others to deliver more features and customizations as plugins instead of requiring separate releases of Spinnaker. You can checkout a simple example plugin that leverages the work done so far.
- UI Extensibility: Current focus is on adding stages to the UI, allowing it to be extended more easily. We’re on the lookout for any and all use cases for extending Deck (and Spinnaker in general), so please let us know if you have ideas you’d like to try.
What is an early release of a feature? It is a feature that is working and installable, but some functionality is likely to be missing and a number of known and unknown issues are likely to surface. It’s a first version. Please call out anything you can’t live without, and what you’d like to see changed or improved.
- UI for Terraform Integration: You can now configure Terraform details in the UI when editing a pipeline. The UI makes it much simpler, faster, and easier to leverage the Terraform integration within Spinnaker. Existing configuration edited by hand will show up in the UI. You can also see logs for the Terraform actions through the UI when they are executing. For more details checkout the video below:
What is general availability? This is a feature we have added and fully support in our product offering. Please let us know what is working well, and what you’d like to see expanded, added, or improved.
Here are the release notes of our most recent GA:
- 2.17.4 Release Highlights:
- TLS and mTLS support added to Terraformer and Dinghy services
- Terraformer UI/UX improvements for displaying logs
- Forces the correct
aws-sdkversion to be used (known issue in
- Spinnaker AWS Deployments as easy as 1-2-3: Quick 3 step walkthrough curriculum that will give anyone with an AWS account the ability to deploy applications to AWS Cloud with Spinnaker in under 1 hour!
We welcome your feedback – let us know what you think! Want to get an early release or need any help configuring these features? Contact us here.
Armory’s platform exists to help software teams ship better software, faster. If you want to try these or any other Armory features, you can:
Recently Published Posts
Monitoring Spinnaker: Part 1
Overview One of the questions that comes up a lot is how you monitor Spinnaker itself. Not the apps Spinnaker is deploying, but Spinnaker itself and how it’s performing. This is a question that has a lot of different answers. There are a few guidelines, but many of the answers are the same as how […]
Read more →
The Importance of Patents: Interview with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal
In honor of Armory’s recent acquisition of a patent for continuous software deployment, we sat down with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal, for a casual conversation covering a wide range of subjects, from patent law to Nick’s background as a software engineer and why he made the leap to the law. Check out […]
Read more →
Armory Agent for Kubernetes Simplifies K8s Complexity
I’ll be upfront with you, I’m a sucker for a good origin story. It’s one of the reasons I spent hours engrossed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not too long ago. Rooting for incredibly flawed individuals with an outsized sense of duty and superpowers to back it up….What’s not to love? My partner has a […]
Read more →