Proposal: Certified Pipelines
Sep 15, 2017 by DROdio
At the recent Spinnaker Summit, we heard from a number of customers interested in Certified Pipelines. We’ve created a 2.5 minute video to describe this proposed feature, along with a description and some screenshots of the whiteboard below. If you’re interested in Certified Pipelines for Spinnaker, let us know below (or email [email protected]).
Armory’s goal is to accelerate enterprise deployment velocity. Certified Pipelines achieve this by eliminating time-consuming “change review” process that takes place at many companies each time application teams deploy changes to applications — especially when there are compliance requirements involved.
‘Certified Pipelines’ Features:
- A special type of deployment pipeline in Spinnaker that complies with pre-defined policies, set by an administrator.
- These pipelines would be certified as “CD Approved,” meaning deployments to applications using these certified pipelines do not need to be reviewed by a company’s Change Control Review Board. This drastically speeds up application teams’ ability to deploy changes to their applications.
- Administrators can pre-define policies in an administrative view.
- If an application developer modifies the pipeline, it falls out of certification, and deployments can be blocked for CCRB review.
- Modified pipelines can also kick off a notice to the administrator, who can then re-certify the pipeline as “CD Approved” after a manual review.
Recently Published Posts
Interview with Guillermo Huerta for National IT Professionals Day
To celebrate National IT Professionals Day, we’re sharing an interview I had with Armory’s Head of IT and Workplace, Guillermo Huerta. The interview is broken into seven parts. There’s a video and transcript for each section. Introductions Nikema Prophet: [00:00:00] I’m Nikema I am the Associate Community Marketing Manager at Armory and I’m talking to […]
Read more →
Interview with Daniel Ko — Google Summer of Code 2021
I’m personally excited about this year’s Google Summer of Code (GSoC) project try.spinnaker.io. Daniel Ko is the student who worked with Armory mentors and the Continuous Delivery Foundation to complete the project. After his midterm demo, I asked Daniel some questions about the project and why he chose it. Nikema Prophet: What inspired you to […]
Read more →
Amazon EKS Anywhere + Armory
Armory is excited to share we are an Amazon EKS Anywhere launch partner. Amazon EKS Anywhere is a new deployment option for Amazon EKS that enables you to easily create and operate Kubernetes clusters on-premises, including on your virtual machines and bare metal servers. Armory enables enterprises to unlock innovation by reliably deploying software at […]
Read more →