How Discovery Communications Uses Armory to Collaborate from Code to Cloud
Jun 17, 2020 by DROdio
Armory is a software delivery platform that unlocks collaboration between your Dev, Sec and Ops teams and systems, from code to cloud. Our mission is to accelerate innovation by making software delivery collaborative, unified, and resilient.
We enable you to codify Dev, Sec, and Ops best-practices as code, directly into an automated delivery process. This provides visibility into your apps and infrastructure, from code to (multi)cloud, and integrates Build, Provision, and Deploy into a single, automated unit of work.
We interviewed Stephen Garlick, a Lead Cloud Architecture Engineer at Discovery Communications, about how Discovery uses Armory to enable collaboration across teams and systems, from code to cloud:
In this video, Stephen shares how Discovery is using Armory to:
- Enable application developer self-service: Developers can provision their own environments and deploy their applications into those environments using Armory’s Terraform provisioning capabilities, including:
- Using Armory’s Vault integration to give developers permissioned access to service accounts and credentials in a self-service and repeatable manner
- Enabling developers to become more creative by providing standardized pipeline experiences that remove the disconnect between what’s running in Terraform and the application deployment process
- Collaboration through the transparency of change management allows the operations teams to be more strategic in providing guard rails for the application teams to own their deployments
- Break down the traditional wall between Dev and Ops by simplifying and providing transparency into the software delivery process, while also creating guardrails with codified policies via Armory’s Policy Engine. This enables developers to take more ownership of delivery in safe ways while applying standard corporate policies, removing configuration mistakes that would happen in a less structured & codified process
- Using a GitOps model to provision and deploy applications with Armory Spinnaker
Contact us if you’d like to learn more about how Armory can enable your teams to collaborate from code to cloud.
Recently Published Posts
#SpeedOfLife – In Conclusion, Thanks for the Conversation
As we close out the month of May, the #SpeedOfLife campaign will come to a close as well. Soon I will no longer be monitoring the hashtag but please feel free to continue the conversation on Twitter. You can even tag me (@dev_nikema) if you like. What does “speed of life” mean to you? Before […]
Read more →
#SpeedOfLife Week Two Recap
Tweets, Clips, and Double the Livestreams In week two, we shared some awesome clips from my #SpeedOfLife interviews. Additionally, we had a bonus live stream with Kelsey Hightower. To date, there has been an element of chaos in each live stream. I’ve got two more planned, so two chances to get through a smooth stream […]
Read more →
How Armory’s Policy Engine can Improve our Nation’s Cybersecurity
Earlier this month President Biden issued an executive order on cybersecurity following the Colonial Pipeline Hack. It outlines several actions that government departments must take, and requires them to adopt modern software development and security best practices. This post will explore several of these best practices and explain how Armory’s policy engine addresses them. We […]
Read more →