Download our Handbook
Armory has a culture of experimentation, which also includes experimenting with our culture. One of the ways we do that is by creating a Handbook to accomplish the following objectives:
- Help job candidates understand Armory’s culture when they are interviewing at Armory
- Help the significant others (spouses, family, friends) of our job candidates also understand Armory’s culture (and specifically, why we call ourselves a “crew”) when the candidate is interviewing at Armory
- Help new Armory crew understand and onboard onto Armory’s culture as quickly as possible, once they accept an offer to join our crew
- Help future job candidates discover Armory and our culture, so they can decide if they’d like to have a career at Armory by joining our crew
One big way we accomplish those objectives is with this Handbook.
We are constantly improving and iterating on this Handbook based on what we learn from candidates and our crew. In fact, at the bottom of this blog post we keep a changelog of all the old versions (starting with our original v1.0!).
Here’s a quick video showing how we iterate with everything we do (whether it’s building a software platform to help the world innovate faster… or a Handbook) to build the right thing, fast, instead of the wrong thing, right.
*Please note that the benefits described in the Handbook are specific to the United States. Global options may differ depending on your location. Please talk to your manager for specific benefits in your country.
Changelog of past versions of our Handbook:
- V3.0: 9/10/20: Updated content as Armory scales
- V2.3: 2/29/20: Added our first digital content! Links to video interviews! News about new perks and more Why I Joined Armory.
- V2.2: 2/10/20: Added How Armory Builds Products, Why I Joined Armory, and Armory DevOps Award
- v2.0.5: 12/19/19: Added updated tribal quotes and “Armory in the News”
- v2.0.4: 11/23/19: Added culture self-assessment quiz, many new photos and some updated quotes from tribals
- v2.0.3 – 11/8/19: Minor design fixes
- v2.0.2 – 11/5/19: Added a new transparent cover page and other layout changes
- v2.0.1 – 11/1/19: Fixed a typo
- v2.0 – 10/30/19: Major content and style update, including many more pictures of the tribe
- v1.0.3 – 09/30/19: Updated content with input from the tribe, including information on Armory’s origins and culture.
- v1.0.2 – 09/12/19: Same content as v.1.0.1 but new Velo-bound layout (as per the video above) and a kickoff of the “Armory Tribal Handbook” project with Tissa joining as the author.
- v1.0.1 – 02/05/19: Updated content as per recruiting team’s asks
- v1.00 – 2/13/18: Original version, designed by Ruby for the recruiting team