Armory Accelerates Your Deployment Velocity
Aug 15, 2017 by DROdio
Armory is enterprise Spinnaker. We accelerate your software deployment velocity, enabling you to:
- Accelerate cloud adoption
- Reduce outages and service degradation (especially customer outages that break SLAs)
- Drive large developer efficiency gains
Companies that care about accelerating deployment velocity are typically undergoing a deeper, organizational change from traditional ops to “DevOps”, or the service ownership model for software delivery.
What Stage are You In? Read our Stages of Software Delivery Evolution Infographic to understand which software delivery stage your company currently falls into.
Implementing DevOps is a massive sea change for organizations and requires an alignment of People, Process, and Technology — and importantly, a strong mandate from the leadership team.
How Armory Can Help:
Armory’s customer engagement model is different than most technology vendors — to enable a successful outcome, we become a company’s strategic partner by including in our product offering:
- A dedicated Solutions Architect
- A dedicated Customer Success Manager
- At least 24 hours of on-demand access per month from an Armory technical resource
- At least 1 on-site training per month
- Unlimited remote training
- Armory is commercializing and supporting Spinnaker, an open-source, cloud-native Continuous Delivery & Infrastructure Management platform created by Netflix, with strong OSS community support by Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Pivotal, Target, Veritas and others. We install Armory Spinnaker on-site within a customer’s Virtual Private Clouds on AWS. We assist your teams in configuring Spinnaker and provisioning it in a production-ready, high availability state, and we provide enterprise support as you use Spinnaker to deploy software in a consistent, self-service manner across the organization.
- Armory prioritizes its product roadmap items based on the customer’s most urgent needs
- Armory crafts and executes a plan with the customer to ensure strong executive-level support (critical for success)
When Armory engages with customers for the first time, we:
- Perform a Business Value Assessment: We spend 20 to 40 hours interviewing application teams, ops teams and engineering leadership to better understand the current “as-is” state of deployments, including getting answers to questions like:
- How many outages has the company had in the past year that have affected customers?
- How much in SLA make-good fees has the company had to pay?
- How much revenue has the company lost due to deployment issues?
- How many disparate systems do teams use to deploy software today?
- (and many more similar questions)
- Proof of Concept: Armory then works with one application team to define a 30-day POC to validate that Armory & Spinnaker can solve these organizational issues while driving key success metrics. We produce a POC Delivery Report like this one (fictional company name; real data) to showcase the POC’s results to leadership.
- Standardize on Spinnaker: After the POC, Armory works with your company’s leadership to expand Spinnaker’s use to all teams across the organization, providing on-site training and premium enterprise support.
What our Customers are Saying:
Read 40+ other customer quotes about why they chose Spinnaker as their cloud-native software deployment platform.
- More details on what Spinnaker is and how it works
- How Spinnaker enables global Software Delivery Best-Practices
- How to succeed with Spinnaker: Armory’s Spinnaker Adoption Playbook
- Learn more about OSS Spinnaker vs. Armory Spinnaker
- Armory Spinnaker training & reference materials
- Armory’s User Guide and Administrative Documentation
- Want to try it yourself? Install Armory Spinnaker here
- Armory’s enterprise pricing
- Want to join us? We’re hiring polyglot engineers. Get a peek under the hood at Armory.
How Companies Go Digital: We highly recommend O’Reilly’s free PDF e-Book about migrating toward cloud-native technologies and practices by shifting from monolithic onsite architectures to applications designed solely to operate on cloud computing platforms. Get the highlights here.
Recently Published Posts
A day in the life of a TAM
I’ve been asked what a Technical Account Manager (TAM) does so I wanted to take the opportunity to illustrate it by walking through a standard day in the life. Before we can look at what a day in a life of a TAM is, I should provide some background in what is a TAM and […]
Read more →
Nikema’s Spinnaker Summit 2021 Recap
My Second Spinnaker Summit is in the Books! Last week I attended and spoke at my second Spinnaker Summit. Like last year’s summit, it was fully virtual. This time Spinnaker Summit was co-located with cdCon and took place on the Hopin platform. Last year, I spoke on a panel about Black professionals a few months […]
Read more →
Announcing General Availability of Armory Policy Engine Plugin
Armory Policy Engine provides support for automating policy compliance with Spinnaker. Policy Engine Plugin is the latest version of Policy Engine and adds support for both advanced role-based access control (RBAC) use-cases and open source Spinnaker. The release of Policy Engine Plugin comes with new documentation, including a library of example policies from across Armory’s […]
Read more →