Get Ready for Spinnaker as a Service (SaaS)
Mar 17, 2020 by Stu Posluns
We are excited to announce that we have opened up a limited beta program for Armory Spinnaker as a Service, our forthcoming SaaS product. We will be bringing you all of the benefits of Armory’s Enterprise Spinnaker distribution, delivered as a SaaS offering.
Sign up to get early access to Armory Spinnaker as a Service.
Believe it or not, Armory Spinnaker actually started life as a SaaS platform back in 2016. But at the time, we found that most of our customers were interested in maintaining Spinnaker within their cloud environment. With the benefit of several more years of cloud maturity, we are seeing a surge in interest from Global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies to leverage Spinnaker as a SaaS offering. What are they telling us Spinnaker as a Service will provide?
- Substantial operational cost savings
- It often takes 2-4 full-time engineers to install, operate and configure Spinnaker on-prem. With Armory SaaS, they can focus their engineers on delivering value to customers, and leave managing Spinnaker to us.
- Significantly faster onboarding
- Customers will be able to start deploying to production with Spinnaker within hours, instead of weeks or months.
- Immediate access to the newest Armory Spinnaker features
- With Armory Spinnaker as a Service, customers will get immediate access to all of the new features in Armory Spinnaker (inclusive of all OSS and Armory-exclusive features), without having to manually upgrade their Spinnaker instance.
With such strong demand, we were eager to get back to our roots and revamp our SaaS offering. Currently, a select number of companies are using Armory Spinnaker as a Service as a beta, and we are excited to expand the program to a limited number of additional Design Partners. These Design Partners will get early access to Armory SaaS and work directly with our product & engineering teams to help test the product and provide input on feature development.
If you are interested in early access to Armory Spinnaker as a Service, or in learning more about the product, reach out to us here!
Recently Published Posts
A day in the life of a TAM
I’ve been asked what a Technical Account Manager (TAM) does so I wanted to take the opportunity to illustrate it by walking through a standard day in the life. Before we can look at what a day in a life of a TAM is, I should provide some background in what is a TAM and […]
Read more →
Nikema’s Spinnaker Summit 2021 Recap
My Second Spinnaker Summit is in the Books! Last week I attended and spoke at my second Spinnaker Summit. Like last year’s summit, it was fully virtual. This time Spinnaker Summit was co-located with cdCon and took place on the Hopin platform. Last year, I spoke on a panel about Black professionals a few months […]
Read more →
Announcing General Availability of Armory Policy Engine Plugin
Armory Policy Engine provides support for automating policy compliance with Spinnaker. Policy Engine Plugin is the latest version of Policy Engine and adds support for both advanced role-based access control (RBAC) use-cases and open source Spinnaker. The release of Policy Engine Plugin comes with new documentation, including a library of example policies from across Armory’s […]
Read more →