Get Ready for Spinnaker as a Service (SaaS)
Mar 17, 2020 by Stu Posluns
We are excited to announce that we have opened up a limited beta program for Armory Spinnaker as a Service, our forthcoming SaaS product. We will be bringing you all of the benefits of Armory’s Enterprise Spinnaker distribution, delivered as a SaaS offering.
Sign up to get early access to Armory Spinnaker as a Service.
Believe it or not, Armory Spinnaker actually started life as a SaaS platform back in 2016. But at the time, we found that most of our customers were interested in maintaining Spinnaker within their cloud environment. With the benefit of several more years of cloud maturity, we are seeing a surge in interest from Global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies to leverage Spinnaker as a SaaS offering. What are they telling us Spinnaker as a Service will provide?
- Substantial operational cost savings
- It often takes 2-4 full-time engineers to install, operate and configure Spinnaker on-prem. With Armory SaaS, they can focus their engineers on delivering value to customers, and leave managing Spinnaker to us.
- Significantly faster onboarding
- Customers will be able to start deploying to production with Spinnaker within hours, instead of weeks or months.
- Immediate access to the newest Armory Spinnaker features
- With Armory Spinnaker as a Service, customers will get immediate access to all of the new features in Armory Spinnaker (inclusive of all OSS and Armory-exclusive features), without having to manually upgrade their Spinnaker instance.
With such strong demand, we were eager to get back to our roots and revamp our SaaS offering. Currently, a select number of companies are using Armory Spinnaker as a Service as a beta, and we are excited to expand the program to a limited number of additional Design Partners. These Design Partners will get early access to Armory SaaS and work directly with our product & engineering teams to help test the product and provide input on feature development.
If you are interested in early access to Armory Spinnaker as a Service, or in learning more about the product, reach out to us here!
Recently Published Posts
How to Take the Pain of Rollbacks out of Deployments
Software applications have become an integral part of the business climate in most modern organizations. With an ever-increasing demand for new features and enhancement of already-existing ones, software teams constantly face novel challenges, and the pace of software development is growing by the day. To keep up with this fast-paced business climate, software teams […]
Read more →
Monitoring Spinnaker: Part 1
Overview One of the questions that comes up a lot is how you monitor Spinnaker itself. Not the apps Spinnaker is deploying, but Spinnaker itself and how it’s performing. This is a question that has a lot of different answers. There are a few guidelines, but many of the answers are the same as how […]
Read more →
The Importance of Patents: Interview with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal
In honor of Armory’s recent acquisition of a patent for continuous software deployment, we sat down with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal, for a casual conversation covering a wide range of subjects, from patent law to Nick’s background as a software engineer and why he made the leap to the law. Check out […]
Read more →