Finding Velocity: The limitations of “Lift & Shift” into the cloud
Aug 24, 2017 by DROdio
Today Andrew, our team lead, talks about the limitations of moving from data centers into the cloud, typically called “lift & shift,” and what work needs to be done to applications to unlock the benefits of the cloud.
**What Stage are You In?** Read our Stages of Software Delivery Evolution Infographic to understand which software delivery stage your company currently falls into.
What our Customers are Saying:
*Read [40+ other customer quotes](https://go.Armory.io/quotes) about why they chose Spinnaker as their cloud-native software deployment platform.*
- How Armory Enables Successful Outcomes for companies that want to get to Stage 5 in software delivery evolution
- Armory’s enterprise pricing
- More details on what Spinnaker is and how it works
- How Spinnaker enables Global Software Delivery Best-Practices
- How to succeed with Spinnaker: Armory’s Spinnaker Adoption Playbook
- Learn more about OSS Spinnaker vs. Armory Spinnaker
- Armory Spinnaker training & reference materials
- Armory’s User Guide and Administrative Documentation
- Want to try it yourself? Install Armory Spinnaker here.
How Companies Go Digital: We highly recommend O’Reilly’s free PDF e-Book about migrating toward cloud-native technologies and practices by shifting from monolithic onsite architectures to applications designed solely to operate on cloud computing platforms.