Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Interview with Shannon Smith, Armory Security Compliance Manager
Oct 4, 2021 by Armory
Shannon Smith joined Armory at the start of 2021 to oversee our SOC-2 compliance audit readiness and to generally help the company prepare for the challenges of taking on various compliance standards. Following up on her appearance in our recent panel discussion, CompOps: How Compliance Operations Help Dev Orgs Conquer Increasing Regulatory Hurdles, I circled back with Shannon for a 1:1 chat to start Cybersecurity Awareness month off on the right note!
In this brief interview, Shannon shares insight about a wide range of topics from personal insight to professional words of wisdom, including:
- What the heck is SOC-2 anyway and why should you care?
- How can companies and individuals prepare themselves for a SOC-2 audit?
- How did Shannon get into security, compliance and audits in the first place?
- What can normal people do to be more security-minded?
- How can people protect themselves against increased phishing attacks?
Check out the interview to hear Shannon dig into each of these topics in-depth—and to learn about her surprising original career aspirations prior to entering the compliance audit space.
Stay tuned for more content coming as a part of Armory’s participation in Cybersecurity Awareness month!