CEO Interview: Ensuring Cloud Foundry’s Success with Spinnaker + What’s Coming
Jun 23, 2020 by DROdio
I caught up with Ryan, Zach and Gino to do a CEO interview about Armory’s support for Cloud Foundry within Spinnaker. We discussed the use case needs we’re seeing from large customers, including a Fortune 20 bank, as well as future enhancements we’re considering.
You can subscribe to Armory’s YouTube channel here — let us know in the comments if you’d like to see more of these CEO interviews with the Armory team!
Here are highlights of some of the topics we covered:
- The history of the Cloud Foundry cloud driver in Spinnaker
- How Armory is ensuring the continued success of Cloud Foundry as Spinnaker deployment target post-VMware acquisition of Pivotal
- How the open-source community uses Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to enhance Spinnaker functionality, including participation from cloud vendors themselves
- How the new Plugin framework is creating a path to enable cloud drivers to be more easily built, further extending the Spinnaker ecosystem
- Some future enhancements to Spinnaker’s Cloud Foundry functionality that we’re hearing customers ask for
If you’ve got feature requests for Spinnaker’s support of Cloud Foundry, you can join the Spinnaker Slack Workspace and head over to the
#Spinnaker-CF channel. You can also find the Spinnaker Cloud Foundry SIG page on GitHub here.
Recently Published Posts
A day in the life of a TAM
I’ve been asked what a Technical Account Manager (TAM) does so I wanted to take the opportunity to illustrate it by walking through a standard day in the life. Before we can look at what a day in a life of a TAM is, I should provide some background in what is a TAM and […]
Read more →
Nikema’s Spinnaker Summit 2021 Recap
My Second Spinnaker Summit is in the Books! Last week I attended and spoke at my second Spinnaker Summit. Like last year’s summit, it was fully virtual. This time Spinnaker Summit was co-located with cdCon and took place on the Hopin platform. Last year, I spoke on a panel about Black professionals a few months […]
Read more →
Announcing General Availability of Armory Policy Engine Plugin
Armory Policy Engine provides support for automating policy compliance with Spinnaker. Policy Engine Plugin is the latest version of Policy Engine and adds support for both advanced role-based access control (RBAC) use-cases and open source Spinnaker. The release of Policy Engine Plugin comes with new documentation, including a library of example policies from across Armory’s […]
Read more →