CEO Interview: Ensuring Cloud Foundry’s Success with Spinnaker + What’s Coming
Jun 23, 2020 by DROdio
I caught up with Ryan, Zach and Gino to do a CEO interview about Armory’s support for Cloud Foundry within Spinnaker. We discussed the use case needs we’re seeing from large customers, including a Fortune 20 bank, as well as future enhancements we’re considering.
You can subscribe to Armory’s YouTube channel here — let us know in the comments if you’d like to see more of these CEO interviews with the Armory team!
Here are highlights of some of the topics we covered:
- The history of the Cloud Foundry cloud driver in Spinnaker
- How Armory is ensuring the continued success of Cloud Foundry as Spinnaker deployment target post-VMware acquisition of Pivotal
- How the open-source community uses Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to enhance Spinnaker functionality, including participation from cloud vendors themselves
- How the new Plugin framework is creating a path to enable cloud drivers to be more easily built, further extending the Spinnaker ecosystem
- Some future enhancements to Spinnaker’s Cloud Foundry functionality that we’re hearing customers ask for
If you’ve got feature requests for Spinnaker’s support of Cloud Foundry, you can join the Spinnaker Slack Workspace and head over to the
#Spinnaker-CF channel. You can also find the Spinnaker Cloud Foundry SIG page on GitHub here.
Recently Published Posts
Monitoring Spinnaker: Part 1
Overview One of the questions that comes up a lot is how you monitor Spinnaker itself. Not the apps Spinnaker is deploying, but Spinnaker itself and how it’s performing. This is a question that has a lot of different answers. There are a few guidelines, but many of the answers are the same as how […]
Read more →
The Importance of Patents: Interview with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal
In honor of Armory’s recent acquisition of a patent for continuous software deployment, we sat down with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal, for a casual conversation covering a wide range of subjects, from patent law to Nick’s background as a software engineer and why he made the leap to the law. Check out […]
Read more →
Armory Agent for Kubernetes Simplifies K8s Complexity
I’ll be upfront with you, I’m a sucker for a good origin story. It’s one of the reasons I spent hours engrossed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not too long ago. Rooting for incredibly flawed individuals with an outsized sense of duty and superpowers to back it up….What’s not to love? My partner has a […]
Read more →