CEO Interview: Ensuring Cloud Foundry’s Success with Spinnaker + What’s Coming
I caught up with Ryan, Zach and Gino to do a CEO interview about Armory’s support for Cloud Foundry within Spinnaker. We discussed the use case needs we’re seeing from large customers, including a Fortune 20 bank, as well as future enhancements we’re considering.
You can subscribe to Armory’s YouTube channel here — let us know in the comments if you’d like to see more of these CEO interviews with the Armory team!
Here are highlights of some of the topics we covered:
- The history of the Cloud Foundry cloud driver in Spinnaker
- How Armory is ensuring the continued success of Cloud Foundry as Spinnaker deployment target post-VMware acquisition of Pivotal
- How the open-source community uses Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to enhance Spinnaker functionality, including participation from cloud vendors themselves
- How the new Plugin framework is creating a path to enable cloud drivers to be more easily built, further extending the Spinnaker ecosystem
- Some future enhancements to Spinnaker’s Cloud Foundry functionality that we’re hearing customers ask for
If you’ve got feature requests for Spinnaker’s support of Cloud Foundry, you can join the Spinnaker Slack Workspace and head over to the
#Spinnaker-CF channel. You can also find the Spinnaker Cloud Foundry SIG page on GitHub here.