Benchmarks: Digital Transformation in Global 2,000 Enterprises
Jan 23, 2020 by DROdio
- Best vs. Worst: Number of applications successfully migrated into the cloud from data centers in the first 9 and 12 months
- Differences between the leaders vs. laggards: How the culture of the executive suite is driving the divide between the best and worst-performers
Transcript+Audio: Isaac’s Take on the Data:
Here is the Benchmark Data:
- Top performers onboard an average of 34 applications onto Armory Spinnaker in the first 9 months.
- The lowest performers average just 1.
- With some top quartile enterprises onboarding 44 applications in just 8 months
- The highest performer almost doubled the Top Performer average, with 82 applications onboarded in one year.
- Top performers onboard an average of 56 users in the first five months. Note the spike in month three: Top performers typically start with a lighthouse application and team, prove the value internally, and then scale that success across the organization
In our experience, the main blocker in the Global 2,000 to faster innovation and digital transformation is coming from the culture in the executive suite.
Jez Humble and David Farley, who literally wrote the book on “Continuous Delivery” 10 years ago, gave a keynote at the recent DeliveryConf. The room was packed with the who’s who of DevOps/Delivery. The presentation’s core was largely centered on culture:
“Without aligned cultural values, you won’t be able to accomplish CD or engineering performance.”
This slide echos what Armory typically sees as well:
What to do from here:
If you’d like to improve your organization’s ability to digitally transform, we recommend starting with this:
Just contact us and we will schedule that session with you.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- Helping Executive Teams Move to DevOps
- Nothing Changes Until You Do
- Stop Stealing Learning Moments
- Moving to Microservices Is Much More Than A Technology Choice
- An Interactive Workshop: Bridging the Gap Between Digital & Cultural Transformation
- Netflix doesn’t hire the best engineers. It creates them.
Recently Published Posts
A day in the life of a TAM
I’ve been asked what a Technical Account Manager (TAM) does so I wanted to take the opportunity to illustrate it by walking through a standard day in the life. Before we can look at what a day in a life of a TAM is, I should provide some background in what is a TAM and […]
Read more →
Nikema’s Spinnaker Summit 2021 Recap
My Second Spinnaker Summit is in the Books! Last week I attended and spoke at my second Spinnaker Summit. Like last year’s summit, it was fully virtual. This time Spinnaker Summit was co-located with cdCon and took place on the Hopin platform. Last year, I spoke on a panel about Black professionals a few months […]
Read more →
Announcing General Availability of Armory Policy Engine Plugin
Armory Policy Engine provides support for automating policy compliance with Spinnaker. Policy Engine Plugin is the latest version of Policy Engine and adds support for both advanced role-based access control (RBAC) use-cases and open source Spinnaker. The release of Policy Engine Plugin comes with new documentation, including a library of example policies from across Armory’s […]
Read more →