Benchmarks: Digital Transformation in Global 2,000 Enterprises
Jan 23, 2020 by DROdio
- Best vs. Worst: Number of applications successfully migrated into the cloud from data centers in the first 9 and 12 months
- Differences between the leaders vs. laggards: How the culture of the executive suite is driving the divide between the best and worst-performers
Transcript+Audio: Isaac’s Take on the Data:
Here is the Benchmark Data:
- Top performers onboard an average of 34 applications onto Armory Spinnaker in the first 9 months.
- The lowest performers average just 1.
- With some top quartile enterprises onboarding 44 applications in just 8 months
- The highest performer almost doubled the Top Performer average, with 82 applications onboarded in one year.
- Top performers onboard an average of 56 users in the first five months. Note the spike in month three: Top performers typically start with a lighthouse application and team, prove the value internally, and then scale that success across the organization
In our experience, the main blocker in the Global 2,000 to faster innovation and digital transformation is coming from the culture in the executive suite.
Jez Humble and David Farley, who literally wrote the book on “Continuous Delivery” 10 years ago, gave a keynote at the recent DeliveryConf. The room was packed with the who’s who of DevOps/Delivery. The presentation’s core was largely centered on culture:
“Without aligned cultural values, you won’t be able to accomplish CD or engineering performance.”
This slide echos what Armory typically sees as well:
What to do from here:
If you’d like to improve your organization’s ability to digitally transform, we recommend starting with this:
Just contact us and we will schedule that session with you.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- Helping Executive Teams Move to DevOps
- Nothing Changes Until You Do
- Stop Stealing Learning Moments
- Moving to Microservices Is Much More Than A Technology Choice
- An Interactive Workshop: Bridging the Gap Between Digital & Cultural Transformation
- Netflix doesn’t hire the best engineers. It creates them.
Recently Published Posts
Monitoring Spinnaker: Part 1
Overview One of the questions that comes up a lot is how you monitor Spinnaker itself. Not the apps Spinnaker is deploying, but Spinnaker itself and how it’s performing. This is a question that has a lot of different answers. There are a few guidelines, but many of the answers are the same as how […]
Read more →
The Importance of Patents: Interview with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal
In honor of Armory’s recent acquisition of a patent for continuous software deployment, we sat down with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal, for a casual conversation covering a wide range of subjects, from patent law to Nick’s background as a software engineer and why he made the leap to the law. Check out […]
Read more →
Armory Agent for Kubernetes Simplifies K8s Complexity
I’ll be upfront with you, I’m a sucker for a good origin story. It’s one of the reasons I spent hours engrossed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not too long ago. Rooting for incredibly flawed individuals with an outsized sense of duty and superpowers to back it up….What’s not to love? My partner has a […]
Read more →