Armory available on VMware Marketplace
Jan 21, 2021 by Ryan Cartwright
Empower your developers to deploy their services instantly and to any target, with built-in guardrails to ensure best practices, resiliency, security, and compliance. Armory provides continuous delivery at enterprise scale, backed by a robust open-source Spinnaker community, so you get a single pane of glass to seamlessly manage sophisticated deployments across multiple TAS and TKGI environments, in the cloud or on-premises.
Cloud Foundry is used by enterprises across the world to host applications and supports the full application development lifecycle. With out-of-the-box support for Cloud Foundry from drivers contributed by Pivotal, Spinnaker is a perfect complement to Cloud Foundry, enabling the safe deployment of workloads using blue/green (a.k.a red/black) strategies and, if required, rollback.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) extended the reach of the Spinnaker CD platform developed by Netflix to its PaaS environment and Enterprise PKS, an instance of Kubernetes curated by Pivotal and its sister company, VMware.
Support for Tanzu
Fast forward to the present, Spinnaker continues to offer the following benefits to VMware Tanzu customers:
- True Multicloud, at Scale – Abstract away infrastructure complexity and seamlessly deploy to all cloud and on-prem targets using a single, golden path to production.
- Sophisticated Deployment Strategies – Automated, intelligent deployment methods such as blue/green and canaries to prevent outages and minimize the blast radius of bad deployments.
- Full TKGI Compatibility – Accelerate Kubernetes adoption and leverage the full potential of the Kubernetes platform by combining TKGI and Spinnaker.
Last year, Armory demonstrated how to use Spinnaker to deploy to Pivotal Cloud Foundry or now known as Tanzu Application Service (TAS).
We are pleased to announce Armory passed the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition TKGI (formerly known as PKS) validation.
Armory is now available on VMware Marketplace. Streamline your evaluation by engaging Armory for proof of concept if you have been considering Spinnaker for a 2021 project or contact us for a demo if you are just getting started on your CD journey.
Want to get involved?
Are you interested in more Tanzu enhancements? Start by joining the Cloud Foundry Special Interest Group led by Armory who meets on the last Thursday of each month, at 10 AM US/Pacific. This SIG focuses on the current Cloud Foundry (CF) clouddriver provider for Spinnaker.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry 2.6, Now GA, Offers More Ways to Build, Run, and Wire Your Apps
- Pivotal Embraces Spinnaker for Continous Delivery
- Create Customer Value Like FAANG: Continuous Delivery via Spinnaker
- Concourse, Spinnaker, Cloud Foundry, Oh My! Creating Sophisticated Deployment Workflows
- Paul Czarkowski, Principal Technologist at Pivotal demonstrates installing Spinnaker on PKS and then building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with Spinnaker.
- The Reality of Managing Microservice Deployments at Scale: You Need a Spinnaker
Recently Published Posts
Monitoring Spinnaker: Part 1
Overview One of the questions that comes up a lot is how you monitor Spinnaker itself. Not the apps Spinnaker is deploying, but Spinnaker itself and how it’s performing. This is a question that has a lot of different answers. There are a few guidelines, but many of the answers are the same as how […]
Read more →
The Importance of Patents: Interview with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal
In honor of Armory’s recent acquisition of a patent for continuous software deployment, we sat down with Nick Petrella, Head of Legal, for a casual conversation covering a wide range of subjects, from patent law to Nick’s background as a software engineer and why he made the leap to the law. Check out […]
Read more →
Armory Agent for Kubernetes Simplifies K8s Complexity
I’ll be upfront with you, I’m a sucker for a good origin story. It’s one of the reasons I spent hours engrossed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not too long ago. Rooting for incredibly flawed individuals with an outsized sense of duty and superpowers to back it up….What’s not to love? My partner has a […]
Read more →