Armory available on VMware Marketplace
Jan 21, 2021 by Ryan Cartwright
Empower your developers to deploy their services instantly and to any target, with built-in guardrails to ensure best practices, resiliency, security, and compliance. Armory provides continuous delivery at enterprise scale, backed by a robust open-source Spinnaker community, so you get a single pane of glass to seamlessly manage sophisticated deployments across multiple TAS and TKGI environments, in the cloud or on-premises.
Cloud Foundry is used by enterprises across the world to host applications and supports the full application development lifecycle. With out-of-the-box support for Cloud Foundry from drivers contributed by Pivotal, Spinnaker is a perfect complement to Cloud Foundry, enabling the safe deployment of workloads using blue/green (a.k.a red/black) strategies and, if required, rollback.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) extended the reach of the Spinnaker CD platform developed by Netflix to its PaaS environment and Enterprise PKS, an instance of Kubernetes curated by Pivotal and its sister company, VMware.
Support for Tanzu
Fast forward to the present, Spinnaker continues to offer the following benefits to VMware Tanzu customers:
- True Multicloud, at Scale – Abstract away infrastructure complexity and seamlessly deploy to all cloud and on-prem targets using a single, golden path to production.
- Sophisticated Deployment Strategies – Automated, intelligent deployment methods such as blue/green and canaries to prevent outages and minimize the blast radius of bad deployments.
- Full TKGI Compatibility – Accelerate Kubernetes adoption and leverage the full potential of the Kubernetes platform by combining TKGI and Spinnaker.
Last year, Armory demonstrated how to use Spinnaker to deploy to Pivotal Cloud Foundry or now known as Tanzu Application Service (TAS).
We are pleased to announce Armory passed the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition TKGI (formerly known as PKS) validation.
Armory is now available on VMware Marketplace. Streamline your evaluation by engaging Armory for proof of concept if you have been considering Spinnaker for a 2021 project or contact us for a demo if you are just getting started on your CD journey.
Want to get involved?
Are you interested in more Tanzu enhancements? Start by joining the Cloud Foundry Special Interest Group led by Armory who meets on the last Thursday of each month, at 10 AM US/Pacific. This SIG focuses on the current Cloud Foundry (CF) clouddriver provider for Spinnaker.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry 2.6, Now GA, Offers More Ways to Build, Run, and Wire Your Apps
- Pivotal Embraces Spinnaker for Continous Delivery
- Create Customer Value Like FAANG: Continuous Delivery via Spinnaker
- Concourse, Spinnaker, Cloud Foundry, Oh My! Creating Sophisticated Deployment Workflows
- Paul Czarkowski, Principal Technologist at Pivotal demonstrates installing Spinnaker on PKS and then building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with Spinnaker.
- The Reality of Managing Microservice Deployments at Scale: You Need a Spinnaker