Announcing RPM Packager Support for Spinnaker
Apr 30, 2017 by Armory
Armory is pleased to announce RPM support for our enterprise package of Armory Spinnaker. Here is a podcast with Isaac Mosquera, CTO of Armory describing how to utilize RPM with Armory Spinnaker:
The information is consolidated in a Q&A format below:
Is it only supported in Armory Spinnaker or Spinnaker in general?
- This is only supported by Armory Spinnaker. If you’re a current Armory customer using OSPackage, to create configuration with Debian packages you’ll only have to make a change to build an RPM artifact by using
What does Armory currently support?
- Armory currently supports RPMs on CentOS 7 & RedHat 7
Is it a seamless integration? Will there be complications involved?
- All you have to do is specify the YUM The RPM package depends on on the following repos:
Are there added benefits of using RPM vs open source Debian for Spinnaker?
- The benefit is for larger enterprises who use RHEL or for anybody who is using Amazon Linux or CentOS who wants support for their standard Linux distributions
Will users need any extra software/support for Spinnaker to work with RPM?
- No, the Packer templates that come with Armory Spinnaker will work out of the box.
What’s the future of RPM and Spinnaker?
- Moving forward we will continue to support more RPM based platforms. If there is a version of RHEL or CentOS that we don’t support, let us know.
Recently Published Posts
Interview with Guillermo Huerta for National IT Professionals Day
To celebrate National IT Professionals Day, we’re sharing an interview I had with Armory’s Head of IT and Workplace, Guillermo Huerta. The interview is broken into seven parts. There’s a video and transcript for each section. Introductions Nikema Prophet: [00:00:00] I’m Nikema I am the Associate Community Marketing Manager at Armory and I’m talking to […]
Read more →
Interview with Daniel Ko — Google Summer of Code 2021
I’m personally excited about this year’s Google Summer of Code (GSoC) project try.spinnaker.io. Daniel Ko is the student who worked with Armory mentors and the Continuous Delivery Foundation to complete the project. After his midterm demo, I asked Daniel some questions about the project and why he chose it. Nikema Prophet: What inspired you to […]
Read more →
Amazon EKS Anywhere + Armory
Armory is excited to share we are an Amazon EKS Anywhere launch partner. Amazon EKS Anywhere is a new deployment option for Amazon EKS that enables you to easily create and operate Kubernetes clusters on-premises, including on your virtual machines and bare metal servers. Armory enables enterprises to unlock innovation by reliably deploying software at […]
Read more →