Announcing RPM Packager Support for Spinnaker
Armory is pleased to announce RPM support for our enterprise package of Armory Spinnaker. Here is a podcast with Isaac Mosquera, CTO of Armory describing how to utilize RPM with Armory Spinnaker:
The information is consolidated in a Q&A format below:
Is it only supported in Armory Spinnaker or Spinnaker in general?
- This is only supported by Armory Spinnaker. If you’re a current Armory customer using OSPackage, to create configuration with Debian packages you’ll only have to make a change to build an RPM artifact by using
What does Armory currently support?
- Armory currently supports RPMs on CentOS 7 & RedHat 7
Is it a seamless integration? Will there be complications involved?
- All you have to do is specify the YUM The RPM package depends on on the following repos:
Are there added benefits of using RPM vs open source Debian for Spinnaker?
- The benefit is for larger enterprises who use RHEL or for anybody who is using Amazon Linux or CentOS who wants support for their standard Linux distributions
Will users need any extra software/support for Spinnaker to work with RPM?
- No, the Packer templates that come with Armory Spinnaker will work out of the box.
What’s the future of RPM and Spinnaker?
- Moving forward we will continue to support more RPM based platforms. If there is a version of RHEL or CentOS that we don’t support, let us know.